The living room condo ( ห้อง นั่งเล่น คอน โด which is the term in Thai) is the home environment used to relax, watch TV, receive friends, and gather residents for a chat. To be pleasant, beautiful, and inviting, the decoration makes all the difference, and that is what we are going to talk about in this article.
Thinking about the decoration of the living room is more than choosing the furniture and colors used to compose the environment; it involves circulation space, predominant style, and mainly, what must be done to ensure a pleasant environment.
It seems complicated, but it is not; follow the post to get deeper into the subject!
Define The Decoration Style
You understand everything so far, but don’t know how to combine all these things? Calm down, and it can be easier if you define a style to decorate the living room. So, the sofa, the rack, the decorations, everything will revolve around a style, and it will be much easier for you to choose all the furniture, items, and decorations.
Below we will give a brief description of the characteristics of the rooms in each style, but if you have doubts about which one is yours, access this post on decoration styles and identify what most resembles you.
- Scandinavian: The Scandinavian living room is based on white, furniture in light tones, decorations with pastel colors, large windows, and few items, just the essentials.
- Industrial: With a sober and timeless design, the rooms of this style receive textures on the walls, such as exposed bricks or exposed cement, iron doors, rustic furniture, and exposed tubes.
- Rustic: Solid wood is the highlight of rustic rooms, furniture, and decorations made with the material are typical of this style. You can also invest in leather rugs, chandeliers, and items made of natural braided fiber.
- Retro: If you intend to immerse yourself in fond memories of the past centuries, you should bet on lightly rounded furniture with vibrant colors and ornaments that recall the 70s and 80s.
- Nerd: Serials, movies, books, comics, and technology, these things exposed harmonically, form a living room full of style and personality. If you are a nerd, this is a great option.
- Classic: But if you don’t like “modinhas” a lot and want an elegant and timeless living room decoration, then you can bet on a beautiful sofa, coffee table with books, and lovely lighting.
- Boho: Mix of colors, overlapping rugs, variation of fabrics, and textures. These are the characteristics of a boho living room, which is particularly very original and befitting the lifestyle of the residents.